Monday 19 May 2008

Peter's thing was good

So I have made my own one.
7 songs that I think are brilliant.

Modest Mouse - Black Cadillacs


I've loved Modest Mouse ever since Sam introduced me to them about 4 years ago. This is my song of choice. The lyrics are just brilliant. Though it is the same with most of their songs.

Puretone- Addicted to Base



This song is just so fantastic it will stay with me forever. I find myself singing it even when I haven't heard it for ages. Just immense.

The Shins- We Will Become Silhouttes



One of my all time favourite covers. This was originally a song by The Postal Service (another extremely good band) But I infinately prefer this version of it.

Chet- Chets on Fire



I got very upset (As did many) when Chet split up. They were a fantastic band who could get even the most anti dancing people up and moving. I don't think it's cheating to have an unsigned band. So there.

Roll Deep- The Avenue



It's just such a tune. I listened to this song so much the summer/autumn before last. I always think of the line "getting mix messages funny text messages" when I've had a stupid night of drunk texts.

Sam Cooke- Cupid



I'm lucky enough to know many talented singers and this is a song I try and force them to sing on a regular. It's just a classic.

Architecture In Helsinki- Do The Whirlwind



I am quite in Love with AiH. They just have this sorta fuck it let's enjoy ourselves attitude I can really get behind. This is off their in case we die album and it's chocker full of tunes.

Well I have really enjoyed doing that...It was pretty hard picking just 7 though tbh.
Anyway, Over and out!

No comments: