Thursday 24 January 2008

The woes of alcohol

Ow! My head really hurts.
It was our soundman at works 50th last night so a large amount of us went to sugar reef for the suprise part of the party. We were given these half price cards that could only be used once so decided to do rounds of cocktails. Humm me thinks this is where it started to go bad.
We got kicked out of there at about 1 so we meandered down shaftsbury ave until we got to tiatros (or however you spell it) which is ridiculously selective about who it lets in. Because Bill is great and so well known we all got allowed in (about 30 of us)
Continued the booze thing as well as smoking in this wee veranda place which was lovely.
I offered my friend Mark my couch to stay on because it is such a mish to his house but ended up leaving without actually trying to find him because I had decided to be done with it.
I tripped up and bled so much it soaked my jeans, but as I am a trooper I soldiered on into the night.
I seem to recall my brother and Alex being up when I got in but that could be a dream. What isn't a dream is watching futurama alot drinking water trying to not have the exact hangover I'm suffering from.
Bastard.

My friends at work have raised a very interesting point. Imagine if you went away for a while and upon your return you found that you'd been replaced with someone exactly like you except just that bit better. All the best bits about you heightened and with a really similar name. And everyone told you how much you'd love them because they are just so great.
I honestly think I would hate them. With a real passion.
To be fair I annoy myself quite alot though and so someone like my just...more would proper wind me up I think.
Another point is that my apparent superior would be called Vera. No offence to anyone of that name but I just don't think I could imagine that. (Not a person called Vera...my imagination isn't that poor).

I get quite wound up when I spend ages trying to get gig listings emailed to me and getting promised as much yet nothing actually appears. It really is a simple matter of attaching the document to an email and sending it. How can I be at all productive when this is what I have to work with! I know I'm not actually of any real importance in 2bob but I'm trying to help out and....argh.

No comments: